We're Moving to California Tomorrow!

Wednesday, May 22, 2013



This is kind of unreal. Our bags are packed. We've said goodbye to family and friends. This is really happening!

I say tomorrow, but it's really "later today." It's 1:30am... how am I supposed to sleep, really!?

It first hit me during my brother's wedding reception this past weekend.  I was saying goodbye to my cousins when my nine year-old little Amy registered the fact that she wouldn't be seeing me again for a long time. Big tears started rolling down her cheeks... then mine, then my cousin Steph's, then my aunt Gwen's, then Mom's... explaining our separation to her was so heartbreaking.

Nathan and Vanessa took off through cheering friends and family to their car as I chased after them. "Wait! Are you guys GONE gone right now!? I won't see you again!" They shouted, "Yep! Bye!" and hopped in the car and took off for their flight to Jamaica. I see where I stand. ha!

Saying by to Mom and Dad wasn't as hard as I imagined it would be. Mom is already plotting to visit.

We said goodbye to Dan's grandparents, uncle, aunt, and cousins last night (Monday night) during a family meal. We had one last Tuesdays at Tom's with the Good Times Crew tonight and I was sad the whole way home thinking of our life without our best friends. I'm so relieved that our friend Chelsea will be joining us in July.

Our first stop will be tomorrow in Nashville; Dan's best friend Jared has offered us a place to crash for our first night on the road and I'm glad that we don't have to go so far our first day.

Here goes nothing!