Four Days to Home

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

As I start gathering things and dropping them in my suitcase, excited that we'll be getting on that red eye flight home this Friday night, I can't help but wonder how the last seven months will look from the perspective of home. Sometimes I'm actually afraid that I'll get there and never want to come back, but then I think of our jobs and how well they are going for us and it reminds me why we moved all the way out here in the first place.

Sometimes it's just funny to compare life in Virginia to life here in California. Like how today, while people back home complained about the icy cold and highs in the 40˚s, I joined a few of my coworkers for lunch outside in the 85˚ sunshine. But how last week, when it was averaging 52˚, everyone was bundled up like there was six feet of snow and everyone kept talking about how they were "absolutely freezing." It's laughable... until you're cold, too. I just may freeze to death in Virginia after being spoiled by Orange County!

I'm really, really looking forward to spending time at home. More than I could ever put into words. I can't imagine a better way to end my year!