Mission San Juan Capistrano

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

While my mom was visiting she mentioned that she would love to go and visit the infamous Mission San Juan Capistrano, known around the world for the annual return of the swallows. Dan used to sing the little verse to the Glen Miller song every time we'd pass the exit on the 5 freeway, but I had no idea what he was talking about. I'm guessing I'm not the only person who hasn't heard of this mission or their famous birds, but everyone I've met here seems to think I'm crazy when I tell them I hadn't heard of it!

Well, it was absolutely gorgeous. There is so much history here and can teach you so much about California's past, especially before it became part of the United States. This is definitely a place I will take people who visit us from now on. The "history" page on the mission's website can you give a lot more information than I need to recreate here, so go visit their site to learn more: www.missionsjc.com

Mission San Juan Capistrano in southern Orange County, California | Em Then Now When

Mission San Juan Capistrano in southern Orange County, California | Em Then Now When

Mission San Juan Capistrano in southern Orange County, California | Em Then Now When
Mission San Juan Capistrano in southern Orange County, California | Em Then Now When

Mission San Juan Capistrano in southern Orange County, California | Em Then Now When

Mission San Juan Capistrano in southern Orange County, California | Em Then Now When

No comments:

Post a Comment