Portraits by Samantha Polanco Photography

Thursday, January 15, 2015


Towards the end of 2014 Daniel and I had some pictures taken by a local (Oceanside) photographer. We hadn't had any professional photos taken since 2011, and I really wanted to have a few to commemorate our time in California. I found Samantha through seeing photos she had taken of a friend of mine who lives in San Diego County and soon messaged her to arrange a session.

The beaches in Laguna are my favorite and I was hoping for a session on some rocky beach similar, but Samantha actually offered to drive up! We met her at Crescent Bay Beach, one I hadn't discovered yet, and we did our shoot as the sun set.

I just love the light in these, and I love the fact that someone is able to get a few pictures of me not looking totally awkward! Ha! I turn into the strangest person when a camera is pointed at me, and while I can't help but to criticize myself and every awkward face I make, I'm definitely going to be printing a bunch of these.




No comments:

Post a Comment