Weekly Roundup

Friday, May 29, 2015

This is what California has looked like for the past few weeks. "June Gloom," they call it.

This week has flown by! I usually have this post ready to go bright and early on Friday mornings, but I've just had too much going on to write it out until now!

Memorial day was a slow one for us. Dan and I drove down to Dana Point in the southern half of Orange County to walk around a little bit and grab some lunch. I was surprised by the lack of traffic and tourists there considering the holiday.

I've been working on designing the interior of my friend Claire's book like crazy and really loving it. I love publication design, typesetting, reading, writing, editing, grammar... basically, I could do this every day for the rest of my life. Future business opportunity? The freelance job I thought I'd landed last week has turned out to be a dud. I've worked for that company all of six hours this week and the supervisor has been the worst about communication. I haven't heard from him in over 48 hours, despite my emails. Kind of ridiculous. Thankfully, I'm so into line editing and laying out Claire's book that I'm not totally bummed out at his lack of response.

I took a moment yesterday to update my "About" page. I'm rather pleased with it!

Reading


  • The Light Between Oceans I just started reading this one a couple of nights ago, but so far I'm really enjoying it. It's really well written!

Watching


  • Tomorrowland We went to see this movie last night and I just loved it! I'm such a huge Disney fan and I loved seeing all of the references to Walt Disney's creations in this film. You clearly can't miss "It's A Small World," but I also loved that I caught on to the Space Mountain reference (the blue lights in the subway tunnel reminded me of this!) and being in "the monitor" surely reminded me of being inside of the Epcot ball!

  • Upcoming Movie Trailers I'm really looking forward to seeing Testament of Youth, Paper Towns, Jurassic World, American Ultra, Fantastic Four, and Aloha.

On the Internets