Weekly Roundup

Friday, May 15, 2015


The countdown is real! Chelsea bought her plane ticket home and she and Audrey kitty will only be here for 39 more days. And we'll only be here for another 80 days... eeeek! So crazy!

We visited the Getty Villa this past Monday afternoon and then did a little wandering around in Santa Monica.

Alexandria from A Modern Girl's Travels nominated me for a Liebster Award this past weekend and it was fun to tell the world a little bit more about myself when answering her questions.

I'm starting the 21 Day Fix this coming Monday and I'm equally nervous and excited! My friend Aimee of Fite Club Fitness will be my coach and I'm so thankful I have her to keep me on track! I'll be keeping track in a blog post, which I'll post live at the end. I think it will be fun to see my progress and it just may give others that push to try it themselves. I'm the least exercise-prone person on the planet, so if I can do it, anyone can.

READING


WATCHING

  • They Came Together Have you ever watched a movie just because of the cast? I love Amy Poehler and even though this has such bad ratings, I let it play in the background while I worked on my laptop on the couch. It was so stupid, but I found myself laughing out loud several times. It's a parody on romantic comedies and exactly what you would expect a parody from Amy Poehler and Paul Rudd to be like. Plus, tons of comedic actors and actresses! Bill Hader, Ellie Kemper, Cobie Smulders, Jason Mantzoukas, Michael Ian Black, Christopher Meloni, Ed Helms, Jack McBrayer, Randall Park, Max Greenfield, Kenan Thompson... worth having on in the background while you're working, sure! It was terrible, but in a good way.

ON THE INTERNETS

  • What Exactly Does New York Smell Like? This comparison of Bond No 9 perfumes to the actual neighborhoods they're named after had me rolling laughing. "... the slow takeover of Marc by Marc by Marc by Marc by Marcwest Jacobs, and yes, Magnolia cupcakes fresh from the oven."
  • TV Line is keeping track of everything that is being renewed and cancelled for next season. Nashville and Modern Family renewed, yes! The Mindy Project, cancelled!? Come on Hulu, pick it up!
  • John Oliver talks about what American mothers really want for Mother's Day and I give a standing ovation.
  • Wes Anderson designed a bar in Milan and all Wes Anderson fans collectively squeal, myself included!
  • Probably the most incredible, breathtaking, and amazing thing I have seen this week... JETPACKS ARE REAL. Watch the video; it's beautiful!
  • Have you subscribed to The Skimm? I've found it to be a perfect little comprehensive, un-biased source of information about what's going on in the world. This once-daily email is sitting in my inbox before I even wake up in the morning and I've made it a habit to start my day by reading The Skimm with my coffee.
  • I watched Sam and Brandon online as they built their tiny home in Texas. They were interviewed by the local news and it's really fun to see!