City Scenes

Wednesday, October 28, 2015


Yesterday's post was met with many comments and emails of encouragement from readers that definitely helped brighten my day and lift my spirit. Thank you to everyone who reached out to me with such kind words! I ended my post with a bit of positivity, sharing that while I am stressed out and homesick, we're still excited and making the most of our new experiences and new city.

I shared in last week's Weekly Roundup that Chelsea had come to spend my birthday weekend with us. It was a great reunion and felt like we were all just back together in our apartment in California...except we were in New York City and had a million new things to see!

We started our Saturday morning off with a (belated) birthday brunch for me at Petite Abeille near Union Square. I wanted waffles and Chels and Dan happily obliged.


After brunch we visited Strand Bookstore, followed by a subway ride down to the Brooklyn Bridge. You would think that after all of the time I've spent here in New York over the years, I would have walked across the Brooklyn Bridge before now... but you'd be wrong. For some unknown reason, this Saturday was the first time I ever did. I'd say it's worth the walk, if only for the amazing views.


Back in Manhattan, we crossed the street from the bridge to find the Wafels & Dinges truck! I couldn't resist...I ate a second waffle that day. I mean, you just can't run into the Wafels & Dinges truck and not have a Nutella Wafel! (Seriously...if you ever come across this truck or their stand near Bryant Park, get one!)


Afterwards, Dan headed back to our apartment while Chels and I finished the day by wandering through SoHo. And of course, we finished our round-trip walking tour back in Washington Square Park, my all-time favorite place in the entire borough.


This city keeps reminding me why I wanted to come here in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment