Glimpses of My Parents' Home

Monday, November 30, 2015

Southern Virginia Country Home | Em Busy Living

The house my parents live in is the same house that my brother and I grew up in. They've been there since they built it in the '70s and they'll stay there the rest of their days. I spent my childhood in that home, got married in the front yard, and will continue to enjoy some of the best moments of my life there.

There's no place like home between Thanksgiving and New Years. My mom loves to decorate and create her own wreaths and arrangements for the holidays, taking cues from Southern Living and her mixing in her own decorative tastes to add special touches in just the right places. Every year I can't help but to wander around and take time to appreciate all of the work she has put into it. And while she's inside decorating and cooking, my dad is outside chopping wood and raking leaves, keeping the outside of the property just as tidy as the inside is warm and inviting.

Southern Virginia Country Home | Em Busy Living
Southern Virginia Country Home | Em Busy Living
Southern Virginia Country Home | Em Busy Living

No comments:

Post a Comment