I always say that I'm not much on New Year's Resolutions, but that's a load of crap. What I'm not much on are unreasonable resolutions. Joining a gym? Not going to happen. But I do love making lists of things I can accomplish. Checking off and looking back at those accomplishments throughout the year is good for the soul. So, without further ado...
- Read 30 books (Follow me on Goodreads!)
- Visit my best friend Di in Holland
- Have a slumber party / girls' weekend with my cousins
- Go on a long weekend vacation somewhere new with Dan
- Meet Ada in DC for a weekend
- Spend a weekend with John and Nicole (host or visit in South Carolina)
- Spend a weekend in New Jersey with Chelsea
- Take my cousins to New York City
- Sign up for at least four creative workshops
- Rebrand myself professionally and begin offering creative services (maybe open a little online shop of some kind)
- Buy a new sewing machine
- Begin writing a novel (or at least start outlining and organizing it!)
- Adopt a kitty (!?)
- Host a summer cookout or dinner party for our families
- Attempt Good Times Crew (bffs) reunion for another Halloween Cabin Party
- Spend my 30th birthday (in October) somewhere exciting
Isn't it interesting to look at a list like this and see what your priorities are? Apparently I'm really into being creative, traveling, and spending time with family this year. Sounds good to me!
Happy New Year!