2016 Goals

Friday, January 1, 2016


I always say that I'm not much on New Year's Resolutions, but that's a load of crap. What I'm not much on are unreasonable resolutions. Joining a gym? Not going to happen. But I do love making lists of things I can accomplish. Checking off and looking back at those accomplishments throughout the year is good for the soul. So, without further ado...

  • Read 30 books (Follow me on Goodreads!)
  • Visit my best friend Di in Holland
  • Have a slumber party / girls' weekend with my cousins
  • Go on a long weekend vacation somewhere new with Dan
  • Meet Ada in DC for a weekend
  • Spend a weekend with John and Nicole (host or visit in South Carolina)
  • Spend a weekend in New Jersey with Chelsea
  • Take my cousins to New York City
  • Sign up for at least four creative workshops
  • Rebrand myself professionally and begin offering creative services (maybe open a little online shop of some kind)
  • Buy a new sewing machine
  • Begin writing a novel (or at least start outlining and organizing it!)
  • Adopt a kitty (!?)
  • Host a summer cookout or dinner party for our families
  • Attempt Good Times Crew (bffs) reunion for another Halloween Cabin Party
  • Spend my 30th birthday (in October) somewhere exciting

Isn't it interesting to look at a list like this and see what your priorities are? Apparently I'm really into being creative, traveling, and spending time with family this year. Sounds good to me!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment