Weekly Roundup | Nostalgia is Tough

Friday, February 5, 2016

Em Busy Living | Weekly Roundup, Nostalgia

It's been a nostalgic week for me over here. I woke up thinking about California several days in a row. If you'd like to reminisce with me, here's a good place to start. I just really miss waking up with our windows open, a slight breeze blowing through and the sounds of parrots in the trees outside my window. I'm serious, we had wild parrots! I also miss our balcony, having Audrey kitty follow me around the apartment, and the almost guaranteed 72˚ weather. I miss exploring nearby towns with Chels. I have to stop now...I'll drive myself crazy doing this! I need to find a hobby, stat.

My brother and his wife are visiting this weekend! I'm excited to get out and see more of Richmond and enjoy the fact that my brother can just pop in and visit us for a weekend with only a two hour drive. See? We moved here for a really good reason! I still have a lot of adjusting to do.

ICYMI
  • On Monday I shared January's edition of Monthly Reads, a recap and series of short reviews of everything I read last month. I think I burned myself out after reading non-stop for the past few weeks, so I've put the books down for a while for my sanity.

Listening To

Watching (Trailers)
  • The Lady in the Van Based on a true story, British author/screenwriter Alan Bennet recounted memories of the homeless lady who lived in a van outside his London home, now brought to you in movie form. Starring Alex Jennings (The Queen) and the illustrious Dame Maggie Smith (Downton Abbey).
  • Me Before You Get ready to ugly cry. Based on the novel of the same name by Jojo Moyes, this story follows Louisa as she takes a job as a caregiver for a paraplegic, William, and the friendship that blossoms from their time spent together. It stars Emelia Clark (Game of Thrones) and Sam Claflin (The Hunger Games series), who clearly have some serious chemistry. There's also a Brendan Coyle (Bates from Downton) cameo, so I'm sold.
  • Kubo and the Two Strings This one will be kid-friendly, but I know adults who are rushing to it. This animation by LAIKA studios almost looks like claymation, but it's so beautiful. The story is filled with magic, action, and adventure and the characters are voiced by Rooney Mara, Charlize Theron, Matthew McConaughey, Ralph Fiennes, Minae Noji, Art Parkinson, George Takei, and many, many more.

Blog Love

On the Internets

No comments:

Post a Comment