Weekly Roundup | Busy Bee

Friday, February 12, 2016

Em Busy Living | Weekly Roundup January 12, 2016

It has been one of those weeks where I don't know where the time has gone. My to-do list is leaning toward ridiculous and most of the things I'm adding are long-term projects that I won't be checking off anytime soon. I find myself feeling guilty for focusing on some tasks instead of others. Besides that, I'm feeling really optimistic lately! It's been a really great week.

I had two interviews this past week! Crossing my fingers. They would both be great jobs.

One of my good friends from high school (and one-time roommate) came over with his girlfriend and their son on Wednesday night. It was great catching up, meeting his little family, and enjoying the fact that I have some pretty great friends in this city. I cooked dinner using a really simple recipe I found for homemade meatballs and was really excited about how tasty everything turned out.

ICYMI

Watching
  • War & Peace The BBC recently redid this Tolstoy classic as a mini-series, shown here in the US on Lifetime, A&E, and the History Channel. There are four two-hour episodes, and despite mixed reviews, I really enjoyed it. It stars Lily James (Cinderella, Downton Abbey), Paul Dano (Love & Mercy, 12 Years a Slave), and James Norton (Grantchester, Belle). You can watch it online with a cable provider log-in. (Title above links to Lifetime.)
  • Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates (trailer) I have two friends named Mike and Davy who are in a band named "Mike and Dave Save the Day," so we all thought this was an especially funny coincidence. I love the cast in this upcoming comedy: Adam DeVine (Workaholics, Modern Family), Zac Efron (Neighbors, The Lucky One), Anna Kendrick (Pitch Perfect, Into the Woods), and Aubrey Plaza (Parks & Rec, Safety Not Guaranteed). 

Reading
  • Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard After reading Red Queen in January, I immediately pre-ordered this sequel. I'm only a little ways in, but I'm already hooked. You can read my review of Red Queen on my post Monthly Reads: January.

Blog Love

On the Internets

No comments:

Post a Comment