It has been one of those weeks where I don't know where the time has gone. My to-do list is leaning toward ridiculous and most of the things I'm adding are long-term projects that I won't be checking off anytime soon. I find myself feeling guilty for focusing on some tasks instead of others. Besides that, I'm feeling really optimistic lately! It's been a really great week.
I had two interviews this past week! Crossing my fingers. They would both be great jobs.
One of my good friends from high school (and one-time roommate) came over with his girlfriend and their son on Wednesday night. It was great catching up, meeting his little family, and enjoying the fact that I have some pretty great friends in this city. I cooked dinner using a really simple recipe I found for homemade meatballs and was really excited about how tasty everything turned out.
- Monday's post was all about Loving the Past and Embracing the Present.
- On Wednesday I shared a little tour of our neighborhood, Shockoe Slip.
- War & Peace The BBC recently redid this Tolstoy classic as a mini-series, shown here in the US on Lifetime, A&E, and the History Channel. There are four two-hour episodes, and despite mixed reviews, I really enjoyed it. It stars Lily James (Cinderella, Downton Abbey), Paul Dano (Love & Mercy, 12 Years a Slave), and James Norton (Grantchester, Belle). You can watch it online with a cable provider log-in. (Title above links to Lifetime.)
- Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates (trailer) I have two friends named Mike and Davy who are in a band named "Mike and Dave Save the Day," so we all thought this was an especially funny coincidence. I love the cast in this upcoming comedy: Adam DeVine (Workaholics, Modern Family), Zac Efron (Neighbors, The Lucky One), Anna Kendrick (Pitch Perfect, Into the Woods), and Aubrey Plaza (Parks & Rec, Safety Not Guaranteed).
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard After reading Red Queen in January, I immediately pre-ordered this sequel. I'm only a little ways in, but I'm already hooked. You can read my review of Red Queen on my post Monthly Reads: January.
- Kelly of The Wandering Blonde shared her tips for how to make the most of your two weeks of vacation this year.
- Daisy of Simplicity Relished has me dreaming of visiting beautiful Morocco with her list of 10 Things you Must do in Fes.
- Esther and Jacob of Local Adventurer recently spent a few snowy days in Yosemite National Park and their photos (and the accompanying video) are so gorgeous!
- Anna of Dear Friend shared about her visit to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, which has a really fascinating history.
- Jess of Writing in Red Lipstick had me cracking up over this list of "Southern Girl" trends that need to die.
On the Internets
- Have you ever heard of JT Leroy? I hadn't, until I read this article about an upcoming movie about him/her starring James Franco and Kristen Stewart and needed to know more. The whole ordeal is really interesting to read about.
- Who else is really, really excited about Fuller House?! I love this clip from Ellen!
- In defense of millennials. #yasss
- Why Margaret Eby doesn't believe in "Resting Bitch Face." (I agree!)