Weekly Roundup | Write Creative

Friday, February 19, 2016


This week was incredibly productive, creatively. Once again my mind is spinning with how many projects I have lined up to work on, both for myself and for others. For one, I'm making the big, scary move to Wordpress soon. Instead of designing and developing my own, I took the easy route and purchased a really nice theme that I can customize as my own. I hope I can get everything moved over sooner than later!

Secondly, I started writing! It's crazy to think about (for me,) but for the first time I've actually started writing a backstory, world building, and developing characters for a story that has been rattling around in my head for a while. No, this isn't the historical fiction I spoke with some about, but a completely different kind of story altogether. I haven't totally shelved the historical fiction idea, but that story is too close to my heart for it to be my first actual foray into writing like this. I hope to share more on all of this soon.

Random: I played laser tag for the first time this week for my friend Evon's birthday. What have I been doing all of my life, never having played laser tag? It was so much fun.

ICYMI
  • I shared my personal adoption story on Monday, the first post of my series called "Ask an Adoptee." Thank you so much for all of the supportive and kind comments! You've made me feel brave for putting it all out there. I have a post lined up for another question, but I'm anxious about putting that one out there. All of this is really intense for me for some reason. Again, thank you. And thank you for your patience.

Watching
  • The Walking Dead YOU GUYS. The mid-season premiere was so insane. Never has so much happened in such a short amount of time on that show. If you watch the show and haven't seen it yet, what are you waiting for!?
  • Brooklyn After reading the book, I couldn't wait to go see the film. Now I know why it has been nominated for so many awards! (It also has a 98% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.) It was so sweet. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry...

Blog Love

On the Internets

No comments:

Post a Comment