I just slept in later than normal, wandered into the kitchen, and poured myself a cup of coffee. It was while scrolling through Bloglovin' that I suddenly noticed other bloggers' "Friday Favorites" and "Weekly Roundup" posts and yelled out, "It's Friday?!" I seriously forgot it was Friday today. What is my life?
Maybe it's because my mom came for two days at the beginning of the week, making me feel like Monday and Tuesday were the weekend. We lazed around, drove around through different parts of the city, and visited a few antique shops and a greenhouse.
Or maybe it's because I've been so busy these past couple of days. Freelance work, designing the interior of Claire's next book, and working on last minute touches on my new Wordpress blog design have had the hours slipping away.
Anyway...in the spirt of not having missed a Weekly Roundup since I started them...here we go!
- On Wednesday I shared some photos and info on the Virginia Aviation Museum, which is a great little spot to check out in Richmond if you like planes.
- Downton Abbey Finale! This was why Mom came to visit; so we could watch the finale together! Well, we didn't get the memo that there was a week break before the finale this coming weekend. So we did what needed to be done: we went to Target and bought the season on BluRay. The finale was amazing! And I'm so sad it's over.
- Ghostbusters (Trailer) This one has been under a lot of scrutiny, but this trailer proves (to me) that it's going to be just a wonderful and funny as everyone hoped!
- Samantha of The Samantha Show talks about what it's like to live with anxiety and a panic disorder.
- Ashley of I Believe in Rainbows gives an honest and loving account of what the first year of her son's life was like for her as a first-time mother.
- Chelsea of The Girl Who Loved to Write talks about savoring the little joys in life.
- Jordan of Beer Time with Wagner explores and shares the historical city of Mdina, Malta.
- Kallie of But First, Coffee talks about what it's like to have a million strangers scrutinizing your face on social media.
On the Internets
- Aziz Ansarsi wrote a feature for the New York Times about his trip to visit his family in southern India and what it's like observing your own culture as an outsider.
- In Memoriam: Let's take a moment to remember everyone who died on Downton Abbey.
- Why do so many rural people love Drumpf? (My misspelling, not your Chrome extension haha.) Politico Magazine is exploring why "The South is Rebelling Again."
- Listen to this amazing Marble Machine song. I wonder how long it took that guy to figure that one out, and how long it took to build?
- Three Signs You're a Fake Entrepreneur