Any day now I will be setting a launch date for my newly-designed Wordpress blog. You know I'll be screaming from the rooftops when this new site launches, so I promise you won't miss it. I'm excited about the clean, professional look it will have as well as specialized travel pages that will make navigating my site much easier than it is currently.
Even as I've been dedicating so much time to setting up my new site, I've been concerned about the content, quality, and consistency that you find here on Em Busy Living. I know that when I'm busy I'm not as consistent, and sometimes the topics of my posts are all over the place. EBL isn't much of a "honed-in niche" blog, but I do have some recurring themes, even if they're sort of broad. I decided to throw this survey into one of my "Weekly Roundup" posts because it is my most consistent series, but I'm even asking you to critique my "Weekly Roundups" in this survey.
Please help me out by spending 5 minutes answering these 9 questions. Your feedback will help me more than you know.
And now, on to my roundup...
- On Tuesday I shared my first guest post by my friend Tara who shared about her work and current fundraiser with the Malawi Music Project.
- I wrote my first guest post for Life Goals Mag this week. Head on over there to read my post, "It's Okay to Change Your Mind."
- Cooked (Netflix) Cooked is a beautiful four-part documentary series that delves into the world and history of cooking. Following the research of author Michael Pollan (whose recent book Cooked is what this docu-series is based on,) we're taught the history and basics of cooking around the world and throughout time based on the four earth elements: Fire, Water, Air, and Earth. This series reminds you how beautiful and what an act of love cooking is, and that we should all aim to spend more time cooking from scratch for and with those we love.
- Silvia of Heart My Backpack explained how travel killed her ambition.
- Emelia of Dream Big & Buy the Shoes shared the significance of releasing butterflies at her wedding. Warning: prepare to cry.
- Christine of Christine Everyday shared some real estate horror stories, as if buying a house wasn't a scary enough prospect.
- Marla of Flight Chic shares her list of in-flight travel essentials. Who better to get these recommendations from than a flight attendant?!
On the Internets
- "Is great photography worth less than a small coffee?" This professional photographer breaks down the costs of his work.
- Calling all graphic designers: the great Rev. Robert Palladino has passed away. This New York Times article looks back on his life and how his work has affected typography as we know it today.
- Freelancers, this one's for you! These VCU students have created an easy way for us to set our taxes aside through their new start-up, Painless1099.
- I loved this TED Talk on teaching girls to be brave, not perfect.
- I don't know how I came this far in my music-loving life without knowing what a theremin is, but the Google Doodle on Wednesday lead me to learning more about Clara Rockmore, the first electronic music artist and star theremin musician of the 1920's.
- Hold up—have you ever heard of Transnistria? Apparently it's a country (that's not really a country) who still associates itself with the long-gone Soviet Union. What? (I'm not the only one who didn't know about this, right?)